Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the Chesapeake Bay Academy family. Our faculty and staff come to us from diverse life experiences and have a wide range of academic and professional credentials. However, they all have one thing in common - a passionate commitment to empowering students by nurturing their independence, self-esteem and personal pride. We offer an opportunity for educators and staff to work in a unique learning environment, sharing their gifts and talents with exceptional students who work hard to succeed and families committed to supporting that goal. Our teachers match instruction to individual learning styles, and share a personal commitment to support each student socially and emotionally. At Chesapeake Bay Academy our educators aren’t just teachers, but also advocates, mentors, and most importantly, champions for their students.
For administrative and support staff, CBA is a collaborative, welcoming environment where students, parents, and staff work together to achieve success. Our staff play a key role in fulfilling CBA’s mission.
Special Events Coordinator - Part time
Special Events Coordinator and Development Assistant is primarily responsible for supporting the Director of Development in managing the school’s special events throughout the year and performing development-related administrative tasks. This position requires excellent communication skills, highly proficient computer skills, strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and multi-task. Knowledge and experience in special event planning is essential to success in this position. Knowledge of basic principles of fundraising or sales is preferred.
This position reports to: Director of Development
Employment Classification: Non- Exempt
Work Hours: Part-Time, 20-25 hours per week
School Year runs from August 8, 2017-June 8, 2018
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, coordinate, and manage the school’s weekly special events (Grandfriends’ Day, Scholastic Book Fair, Volunteer Appreciation Day, Graduation, Homecoming, Board/Faculty Luncheon, Division Director & Head of School Coffees, Science Fair, Poetry & Music Celebration, alumni events, etc.)
- Assist and support parent-led events and activities
- Assist Development Director with Annual Golf Classic and Annual Auction
- Manage silent auction database (Greater Giving)
- Accurate entry of donor information into database (Donor Connect)
- Timely generation of donor acknowledgement letters
- Coordinate development mailings
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite; some experience with data base software applications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized and motivated; enjoys work independently
- Experience in event planning and working with vendors
- Familiar with basic principles of fundraising or sales
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume electronically to:
Cami Best-Jones, Director of Development
Extended Care Staff
Chesapeake Bay Academy is in search of Extended Care staff to supervise Lower and Middle School students during before school (7:00-7:50AM) and after school (3:00-6:00PM) programs.
Candidates must be 21 years of age or older, have at least a high school diploma and have previous experience working with children. Candidates must also be able to pass a criminal background check.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and statement of educational philosophy electronically to:
Lisa Bright, Assistant Business Manager
Chesapeake Bay Academy
821 Baker Road
Virginia Beach, VA 23462
Chesapeake Bay Academy will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age (as defined by applicable law), religion, Gender, race, color, national origin, sexual preference, disability, equal pay, genetic information, or any other protected classification.
What our teachers, faculty & staff say about CBA…
“My mission required me to create an environment for students engaging enough for art enthusiasm to My reward was seeing him develop into an outgoing and enthusiastic student in all areas of his schoolwork.”
“I absolutely love working here. Everyday is full of new adventures with the kids. Because all of them have some sort of learning difference and a diagnosis, it calls for new and creative ways to get them to learn. The traditional ways are not as effective.”