The Tuition Assistance program at Chesapeake Bay Academy offers families with financial need the chance to obtain a quality, individualized education for their children. One of our core values at CBA is to offer this unique educational opportunity to all families who qualify.
Tuition Assistance Determination
At Chesapeake Bay Academy, Tuition Assistance is need-based. With the guidance of Independent School Management’s Financial Aid for School Tuition (FAST) Program, financial need is determined through the careful analysis of a family’s financial resources. Tuition Assistance awards are made by the Financial Aid Committee, taking into consideration the recommendation of FAST and the total available resources at that time.
How to Apply for Tuition Assistance
- Applicants must complete an online Financial Statement through the Financial Aid for School Tuition (FAST) Program. All financial information is entered directly through their secure server.
- Please mail all supporting documents directly to FAST Processing. Families are strongly encouraged to complete and submit taxes and supporting documents as early as possible, as no award will be determined until this information has been received by FAST. Information should be mailed directly to:
Independent School Management
Attn: FAST Processing
1316 North Union Street
Wilmington, DE 19806-2594
*Including Chesapeake Bay Academy on the outside of the envelope will ensure faster processing of your application.
There is a $43 non-refundable application processing fee that must be paid to FAST via credit card. Payment may be made by MasterCard or VISA.
- Signed copy of your tax return (IRS Form 1040) including all schedules
- Year-end income documentation (W-2 Forms, Form 1099, etc.)
- Schedule C, if applicable, for business or farm ownership
- 4506-T Request for Transcript of Tax Return
- Divorced or separated parents are required to provide financial information on separate but linked applications. Specific instructions are provided within the online application.
- For additional information, please download the FAST Parent User Guide and Downloadable Worksheet to assist in the application process.
Applicants accepted to Chesapeake Bay Academy will be asked to complete an enrollment contract before hearing the results of their Tuition Assistance application. If a family does not qualify for an award, or if the award is insufficient preventing acceptance of the enrollment contract, the $500 enrollment fee will be refunded and the contract cancelled upon written request to the school.
The re-enrollment fee for returning families is $500. If a family does not feel the award is sufficient to move ahead with acceptance of the enrollment contract, the $500 will be refunded and the contract cancelled upon written request to the school.
December - Tuition Assistance information mailed to families
March 1 - Deadline for completed FAST online application
March 15 - Submission of all supporting documents due
April 1- Tuition Assistance determination made to applicants who met the March 15th deadline.
Please be aware that late submissions for Tuition Assistance may limit your award or prevent you from receiving assistance. If funds remain in the Tuition Assistance budget, late applications will be reviewed in the order they are received.
All financial information is held in strict confidence and is reviewed only by those directly responsible for determining need.
Additional Tuition Assistance Resources
Tuition Solutions is a low-interest academic loan program working with K-12 schools to offer below-market rates for student education loans. Other loan programs may be available through your banking institution.