Every student and family who walks through our doors at Chesapeake Bay Academy is beginning an exciting personal journey. Nurtured by our commitment and passion, families grow and thrive as they move toward fulfillment of their dreams.
However, we need your support to help our students and families on that journey. By donating to Chesapeake Bay Academy, you can help us to continue our excellent educational standards, maintain the quality of our faculty and staff, give our students the resources and tools they require and provide financial assistance to students in need. Everyone can help – trustees, parents, faculty and friends – by donating to one or more of the programs listed below. Your gift today can help make a dream come true tomorrow.
Chesapeake Bay Academy is a warm, caring and safe environment for students, faculty and staff. However, maintaining our facility and unique instructional programs requires additional funds above and beyond what we receive in annual tuition fees. In fact, tuition only accounts for 75% of our operating budget. Therefore, it's up to us – parents, grandparents, alumni, teachers, staff, foundations, and anyone else who supports the Chesapeake Bay Academy mission – to help make up the difference through donations to the Annual Fund.
The Chesapeake Bay Academy Annual Fund helps maintain the daily operation of the school – from utilities and instructional materials to teachers' salaries and the much-needed financial assistance to more than one-third of our students.
Our goal this year is to raise $120,000. We ask that you consider your best gift this year so that we may continue to provide the exceptional instruction and comfortable environment for our students, faculty and staff, and visitors.
Planned giving provides an opportunity for donors to make provisions for the support of Chesapeake Bay Academy through a deferred gift. Methods of planned giving may be tailored to suit your needs and giving may include trusts, life insurance, bequests, or retirement plan assets.
There are many ways to remember Chesapeake Bay Academy in estate plans, and it may be surprising to discover how inexpensive most of these are to accomplish.
- Add Chesapeake Bay Academy as a beneficiary to an existing life insurance policy, or purchase a new policy for the school's benefit.
- Amend a group life insurance policy or retirement plan to include Chesapeake Bay Academy as a beneficiary.
- Prepare a simple codicil to an existing will, creating a bequest for Chesapeake Bay Academy.
- Those over 65 years of age may consider the Chesapeake Bay Academy Charitable Gift Annuity Program. This type of gift provides attractive tax benefits and may result in higher annual income.
- Leave written or verbal instructions for a surviving spouse to include Chesapeake Bay Academy when redrawing his or her will.
- For those with a sizable estate, a charitable trust may benefit both the estate holder and Chesapeake Bay Academy. The tax advantages are significant and may offset any legal costs.
In Memoriam or In Honor Gifts
Gifts may be made in honor or in memory of an individual. Opportunities are also available for named gifts or special memorials to honor a family member, friend, or loved one. Special gifts, donations directed toward a particular program or need, and gifts-in-kind are also accepted.
Gifts of Cash or Stock
Gifts of cash provide income tax benefits if you itemize your deductions. A gift of appreciated securities will allow you to receive a deduction for the full market value and avoid a capital gain tax liability.
Gifts-in-Kind, or non-cash gifts, are very helpful in meeting many of our school needs. From office equipment to computers, donations of this kind are welcome. Please call our Director of Development for more information.
Acknowledgement of Gifts
All gifts to Chesapeake Bay Academy are tax-deductible and are acknowledged through the Development Office. For additional information on Sharing Your Commitment, please contact Cara Olsen, Director of Development at 757.497.6200 or email@example.com, or Shan Raza, Chief Financial Officer at 757.497.6200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.