At Chesapeake Bay Academy, we offer two different options to help you meet the cost of your child's education. The first is our Tuition Assistance Program. Chesapeake Bay Academy uses the School and Student Services for Financial Aid (SSS) located in Princeton, New Jersey to help us facilitate financial aid requests. SSS operates an independent company that computes family financial needs and provides many independent schools with information and guidelines. If you are interested in financial aid, you may apply online at: http://sss.nais.org. Financial aid award decisions are made by Chesapeake Bay Academy; the School is the sole source of all aid.
Another potential option for parents is a low-interest academic loan program. Your Tuition Solution works with K through 12 schools to offer below market rates for student education loans. Please contact the Admissions office for further information. Other loan programs may be available through your banking institution.
Financial Aid Policies
- All financial aid awards are based solely upon the family's need as determined by SSS and CBA’s Financial Aid Committee. No awards are based on the academic, athletic, or artistic talents of the applicant.
- All applicants must submit complete copies of their most recently filed IRS 1040 tax return (including all schedules) and W-2 forms to the CBA Admissions Office.
- Chesapeake Bay Academy will give priority to families who have previously received aid prior to making any new commitments as long as the current family submits the necessary paperwork by the financial aid deadline which is also the contract due date.
- For new students, the financial aid decision and admissions decision are made separately. A new student applies for admission prior to a family's filing for financial assistance.
- In cases of divorce or separation, parents with legal parental rights must submit all of the required financial aid application documents in order for their child to be considered for aid.
- Families can be assured that all documents concerning financial aid are held in the strictest of confidence by Chesapeake Bay Academy. Only the Financial Aid Committee has access to the documents.
- The school attempts to meet demonstrated need, but because of limited financial aid, funds typically meet only a portion of the need indicated by SSS and in no case offers more than a percentage of tuition.
- Because family financial circumstances are subject to change, we require reapplication for financial assistance every year.