The only K-12 independent school in Southeastern Virginia dedicated to serving students with a variety of learning differences.
- Annual Auction & Gala
- Golf Classic
- Fun Run
- Grandfriends Day
- Educational Professionals Breakfast
- Annual ADHD Symposium
- VAIS Spring Admissions Conference
- Amy Newmeyer, M.D. on Options for ADHD Medication Management: Rx and OTC/Natural Treatments
- Recess: The Benefits of Physical Activity in School
- Art Therapy: Benefits for the Special Needs Population
- Russell A. Barkley, Ph.D. on Executive Functioning, Self Regulation and ADHD
- ADHD Resources & Research – 4th Annual ADHD Symposium Presentations
- The Foundations of Reading: Talking is Teaching
- Sleep and Neurodevelopmental Disorders
- ADHD Resources & Research
- Speech, Occupational, & Physical Therapy Services
- Diagnostic Assessment Program
- Social Skills Group
- Level Up Tutoring
- Additional Resources
- Join Our Professional Community
MAKE CBA Entrepreneurship Program & Makerspace
Students get hands-on and interface core competencies of science, mathematics, business and design-thinking.
Our individualized approach to each student builds confidence and fosters academic success.
Small Class Sizes
Low student-teacher ratio provides regular opportunities for personalized instruction.
Social Emotional Learning
Students receive direct instruction to help build self-awareness, set and achieve goals, effectively manage emotions, and make responsible decisions.