The only K-12 independent school in Southeastern Virginia dedicated to serving students with a variety of learning differences.
- Annual ADHD Symposium
- Annual Auction & Gala
- Golf Classic
- Fun Run
- Grandfriends Day
- Educational Professionals Breakfast
- VAIS Admissions & Communication Professionals Conference
- Dr. Jankowski to Serve 2nd Term on VAIS Board
- Alan B. Rashkind Selected as the 2019 Eggleston/I’Anson Professionalism Award Winner
- Lovely Edwards represents CBA at NAIS People of Color Conference
- Dominion Energy Awards Environmental Stewardship Grant to Chesapeake Bay Academy
- Weekly Enewsletter: FYI
- ADHD Resources & Research 5th Annual ADHD Symposium Presentations
- The Rapidly Increasing Diagnosis of ADHD
- ADHD Characteristics: Gifted Children, ADHD and Special Education
- Sugars, Dyes and ADHD
- Amy Newmeyer, M.D. on Options for ADHD Medication Management: Rx and OTC/Natural Treatments
- Recess: The Benefits of Physical Activity in School
- Art Therapy: Benefits for the Special Needs Population
- Russell A. Barkley, Ph.D. on Executive Functioning, Self Regulation and ADHD
- ADHD Resources & Research – 4th Annual ADHD Symposium Presentations
- The Foundations of Reading: Talking is Teaching
- Sleep and Neurodevelopmental Disorders
- Annual ADHD Symposium: Previous Keynote Speakers
- Speech, Occupational & Physical Therapy Services
- Diagnostic Assessment Program
- Social Skills Group
- Level Up Tutoring
- Additional Resources
- Join Our Professional Community
May 22nd OPEN HOUSE
We are the only K-12 independent school in Southeastern VA dedicated to serving students with a variety of learning differences.
Summer Enrichment at CBA
NEW! Intensive Math Program
Intensive Reading Program
Summer Learning Program
NEW! Art Camp
Highly Skilled Faculty
80% of Faculty hold a Graduate Degree.
Small Class Sizes
Low student-teacher ratio provides regular opportunities for personalized instruction.
Food & Consumer Science Lab
Students learn the finer points of cooking, nutrition and food safety. In addition this program focuses on home economics and empowers students to make informed decisions.
Our individualized approach to each student builds confidence and fosters academic success.
Social Emotional Learning
Students receive direct instruction to help build self-awareness, set and achieve goals, effectively manage emotions, and make responsible decisions.
MAKE CBA Entrepreneurship Program & Makerspace
Students get hands-on and interface core competencies of science, mathematics, business and design-thinking.