- Middle School Teaching Position – Mathematics, Grades 6-8
Middle School Teaching Position – Mathematics, Grades 6-8
The ideal candidate will be a creative, engaging, and innovative educator that has a strong passion for the content and a deep interest in supporting learners. The position requires a bachelor’s degree in an approved program for general curriculum math certification. Must be eligible for teacher licensure in Virginia.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, organize, and implement authentic, hands-on, multi-sensory, and engaging math experiences that support the school’s math curriculum for grades six through eight
- Implement Individual Instruction Plans (IIPs)
- Encourage each student to develop and fulfill their academic, as well as social and emotional potential
- Use relevant technology to support instruction and embrace and seek out new technology or other tools to enhance and improve the quality of education
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining an environment conducive to learning for all students
- Work with and assign tasks to teaching assistants
- Work as a team member on cross-curricular, whole division, and multi-divisional projects such as curriculum development
- Communicate regularly and effectively with all community members including administrators, fellow teachers, students, parents, and non-CBA professionals
- Serves as a teacher advocate for a small group of students, which includes helping students with organization and goal-setting as well as weekly communication with parents
- Meet with parents to discuss their children's progress and to determine priorities for their children and their individualized educational needs
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects and communicate those objectives to students
- Assist in collection of data for providing appropriate classroom interventions
- Maintain professional competence by participating in staff development activities, curriculum development meetings, and other professional opportunities
- Requires a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in an approved program for general curriculum math certification
- Computer literate and technologically proficient in standard word processing, spreadsheet and database software applications
- Highly organized and motivated
- Must be eligible for teacher licensure in Virginia
- Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume electronically to Margaret Meyers at email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the CBA family!
Our faculty and staff come to us from diverse life experiences and have a wide range of academic and professional credentials. However, they all have one thing in common - a passionate commitment to empowering students by nurturing their independence, self-esteem and personal pride. We offer an opportunity for educators and staff to work in a unique learning environment, sharing their gifts and talents with exceptional students who work hard to succeed and families committed to supporting that goal. Our teachers match instruction to individual learning styles, and share a personal commitment to support each student socially and emotionally. At Chesapeake Bay Academy our educators aren’t just teachers, but also advocates, mentors, and most importantly, champions for their students.
For administrative and support staff, CBA is a collaborative, welcoming environment where students, parents, and staff work together to achieve success. Our staff play a key role in fulfilling CBA’s mission.
CBA is proud to be a Virginia Values Veterans (V3) Certified organization. The V3 community is represented by a wide range of industries across the Commonwealth, from large and small businesses alike. These companies have demonstrated to the Commonwealth that they Value Veterans, and have made a public commitment to hire Veterans into their workforce.
Chesapeake Bay Academy will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age (as defined by applicable law), religion, gender, race, color, national origin, sexual preference, disability, equal pay, genetic information, or any other protected classification.
All positions are currently full, please check back for openings.