Centered between Oceana Naval Air Station and Norfolk Naval Base, Chesapeake Bay Academy has served children with learning differences from military families since 1989. An independent school is an ideal environment for children with unique learning needs whose parents serve our country. Whether you are Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines or Coast Guard, your child will be a known and welcomed member of our community.
There's only ONE Chesapeake Bay Academy!
- Personalized academic programs to address different learning needs and styles
- Social Emotional Learning and Consumer Science curriculum necessary for success in higher education, careers and life
- MAKE CBA Makerspace & Entrepreneurship Program offered to all divisions
- School counselor available to offer support during work-ups and deployments
- On-site before and after school extended care, extracurricular activities and summer programs
- 15 minutes from Norfolk Naval Base
- 20 minutes from Portsmouth Naval Medical Center
- 15 minutes from JEB Little Creek
- 25 minutes from NAS Oceana
Enrollment at Chesapeake Bay Academy occurs on a rolling basis throughout the year.
Needs-based tuition assistance at Chesapeake Bay Academy offers families with financial need the chance to obtain a quality, individualized education for their children. One of our core values at CBA is to offer this unique educational opportunity to all families who qualify.
Preparing for Your Arrival
As soon as you have received verbal orders, contact Dana Calo, director of enrollment management/assistant head of school at email@example.com or 757.497.6200 to start the application process.
We understand that every military transfer is unique and our admissions team will work with your family to provide individualized assistance along the way. If you are unable to come to our campus, live or virtual tours can be arranged.
Settling into Your New Home
Our experienced faculty and staff are dedicated to creating a nurturing environment to facilitate a smooth transition for students and family members. In addition, families are provided a CBA Parent Ambassador who is ready to welcome you into our community with information about our school community, school events, and the local Hampton Roads area.
Contact our admissions team at 757.497.6200 to learn more about how Chesapeake Bay Academy can support your family.
CBA is proud to be a Virginia Values Veterans (V3) Certified organization. The V3 community is represented by a wide range of industries across the Commonwealth, from large and small businesses alike. These companies have demonstrated to the Commonwealth that they Value Veterans, and have made a public commitment to hire Veterans into their workforce.