Month of the Military Child Spirit Week
In honor of April being the "Month of the Military Child", CBA is hosts a special spirit week. 2023 dates to come!
- Monday" Our Troops Allow America to Shine Bright and Sparkle" - Wear stars or shiny sparkles
- Tuesday "Proud to be an American" - Wear red, white, and blue
- Wednesday "Crazy Camo" - Wear camouflage clothes
- Thursday"Purple Up" - Everyone wears purple (Fun Fact: Purple is a combination of all the military branch colors.)
- Friday "Military Parents are our Super Heroes" - Wear your favorite Super Hero look
Thank you to all of our military families as we honor and recognize the unique challenges and sacrifices they make in order to to serve our country!
***Now Enrolling for the 2022-2023 School Year!***
Click here to register to attend our next Virtual Open House!
CBA is proud to be a Purple Star School. The Purple Star School program is designed to help schools respond to the educational and social-emotional challenges military-connected children face during their transition to a new school and keep them on track to be college, workforce, and life-ready. Military-connected refers to children of service members on active duty, and in the National Guard and Reserves.
Centered between Oceana Naval Air Station and Norfolk Naval Base, Chesapeake Bay Academy has served children with learning differences from military families since 1989. An independent school is an ideal environment for children with unique learning needs whose parents serve our country. Whether you are Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines or Coast Guard, your child will be a known and welcomed member of our community.
There's only ONE Chesapeake Bay Academy!
- Personalized academic programs to address different learning needs and styles
- Social Emotional Learning and Consumer Science curriculum necessary for success in higher education, careers and life
- MAKE CBA Makerspace & Entrepreneurship Program offered to all divisions
- School counselor available to offer support during work-ups and deployments
- On-site before and after school extended care, extracurricular activities and summer programs
- 15 minutes from Norfolk Naval Base
- 20 minutes from Portsmouth Naval Medical Center
- 15 minutes from JEB Little Creek
- 25 minutes from NAS Oceana
Enrollment at Chesapeake Bay Academy occurs on a rolling basis throughout the year.
Needs-based tuition assistance at Chesapeake Bay Academy offers families with financial need the chance to obtain a quality, individualized education for their children. One of our core values at CBA is to offer this unique educational opportunity to all families who qualify.
Preparing for Your Arrival
As soon as you have received verbal orders, contact Margaret Meyers, director of enrollment management at email@example.com or 757.497.6200 to start the application process.
We understand that every military transfer is unique and our admissions team will work with your family to provide individualized assistance along the way. If you are unable to come to our campus, live or virtual tours can be arranged.
Settling into Your New Home
Our experienced faculty and staff are dedicated to creating a nurturing environment to facilitate a smooth transition for students and family members. In addition, families are provided a CBA Parent Ambassador who is ready to welcome you into our community with information about our school community, school events, and the local Hampton Roads area.
Contact our admissions team at 757.497.6200 to learn more about how Chesapeake Bay Academy can support your family.
PEATC (Parent Educational Advocacy Training Center) Resources
The Parent Educational Advocacy Training Center builds positive futures for Virginia’s children by working collaboratively with families, schools and communities in order to improve opportunities for excellence in education and success in school and community life. Our special focus is children with disabilities.
- PEATC Info Flyer
- 2023 Winter and Spring Trainings
- Wrightslaw Special Education and Advocacy Training April 11 & 12, 2023
CBA is proud to be a Virginia Values Veterans (V3) Certified organization. The V3 community is represented by a wide range of industries across the Commonwealth, from large and small businesses alike. These companies have demonstrated to the Commonwealth that they Value Veterans, and have made a public commitment to hire Veterans into their workforce.