***Now Enrolling for the 2022-2023 School Year!***
Click here to register to attend our next Virtual Open House!
The application process at Chesapeake Bay Academy is designed to address all aspects of a child’s development. In order to determine fit, we review both the needs of the student and the resources available to meet those needs. Like every facet of a CBA education, the admission process is an individualized experience that thoughtfully considers how we can best serve the student and their family.
The application process is submitted online by creating a parent portal account and following a checklist.
Families will complete the following online:
- Completed Admissions Application with $50 application fee
- Transcript Request/Release Form signed by the parent and returned to CBA for submission to the student’s current school
- Teacher Recommendation Form completed by a current teacher and mailed directly to CBA
- Psychological/Educational Assessment
- Cognitive Assessment (IQ test) within the past 3 years
- Achievement test results within one year
Remaining items of the application checklist include:
- Parent interview with Director of Enrollment Management
- Student interview with Director of Enrollment Management
- Student visit (two full academic days)
- Personal Statement (for entrance into grades 9 -12)
Applicants should provide the Enrollment Office with any additional information that elaborates on a child’s learning needs. If your child has had any of the following evaluations, please include these with the application:
- Neuropsychological or psychoeducational evaluation
- Occupational therapy evaluation
- Speech and language evaluation
- Individualized Education Plan (IEP)
- Documentation regarding any medical conditions
Following a comprehensive review of the student's file, the Chesapeake Bay Academy Admissions Committee will make an enrollment determination based upon CBA's ability to meet your child's needs.
Chesapeake Bay Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.
Chesapeake Bay Academy practices rolling admissions and processes admissions applications throughout the year. It is recommended that a student apply during the prior year as available spaces are limited.