Grandfriends Day FAQs
What is Grandfriends Day?
This is a wonderful opportunity for our students to show off their school and share why they love CBA!
- Lower and Middle School Students: Grandfriends are invited to arrive at 10:00 a.m. to participate in classroom activities, picnic lunch, and visit the Scholastic Bookfair.
- Upper School Students: Grandfriends are invited to arrive at 11:00 a.m. to enjoy a picnic lunch and visit the Scholastic Bookfair.
What is the schedule for the day?
7:50/8:00 a.m. – Student drop off as usual
9:30 a.m. – Early arrival begins for Lower and Middle school student grandfriends
10:00 a.m. – Lower and Middle School Activities
- Classroom Activities and Selfie Station - students and grandfriends
- Parent Association Social - parents
11:00 a.m. – Arrival begins for Upper school student grandfriends
- Picnic Lunch and Selfie Station
- Scholastic Bookfair Shopping
12:00 p.m. – Early release student dismissal
Extended care will not be offered on Grandfriends Day—all students will be dismissed at noon and will return on Monday, April 18.
Who received an invitation?
All CBA parents and grandparents (as indicated on the student/parent profile sheet completed during enrollment) AND those special guests who were submitted to CBA in advance via the online form.
Is it too late to request an invitation to someone who didn’t get one?
Please fill out the online form ASAP to request an invitation www.cba-va.org/GFD
When do I need to RSVP?
Your RSVP is appreciated as soon as possible. Even if you forgot to RSVP and it’s the week of the event – please still fill out the online RSVP form so we can plan to have enough food and seating.
Can someone other than a grandparent attend with my student?
Yes! Many CBA students will have grand “friends” attending this special day. Your student can invite another non-parent (aunt, neighbor, etc.) to attend. If there is someone special who should receive an invitation, please fill out the invitation request form right away! www.cba-va.org/GFD
What will parents be doing during Grandfriends Day?
- Lower and Middle School: While your student and their grandfriends are doing classroom activities, parents will gather for a social hosted by the Parent Association. After the activity, parents will join their student and grandfriend for lunch and bookfair shopping.
- Upper School: Parents and grandfriends of upper school students are invited to arrive as early as 11:00 a.m. to enjoy a picnic lunch and bookfair shopping.
Can siblings attend Grandfriends Day?
We will have a classroom activity for Lower and Middle school students and their grandfriend to do together. There will not be activities for other children at this event. If younger children attend, they are invited to attend the Parent Association social with their parent.
My student will not be bringing a guest, should they still come to school?
Yes! Every CBA student will be encouraged to fully participate in all activities, picnic lunch, and bookfair shopping. Teachers and CBA volunteers will be available to assist with an activity if needed. A parent is welcome to attend as a grandfriend for the day!
My student does not have a guest attending, when is pick-up?
All students will be dismissed at noon. If you do not plan to attend Grandfriends Day, please arrive at noon for early release dismissal via carline as usual. Homework Center and Extended Care will not be offered, as the school will be closed for holiday break.
What options will be offered for lunch?
Lunch will be provided (no cost) to all who attend. Menu options: grilled hamburgers, hot dogs, and veggie burgers; chips, fruit, cookies, bottled water, and iced tea. Students are welcome to bring their own lunch if they prefer.
Where do I park?
There are many spaces near CBA and the church that are unmarked and available to you for parking! For emergency vehicle access, it is important that cars are not left unattended or parked in the circle in front of CBA.
Special Accommodations Guests needing assistance may be dropped off at the front door. For safety reasons, please do not leave your car unattended or parked in the circle.
Contact Amanda McGeehan, CBA Special Events Assistant, email@example.com for special accommodation requests and any other questions!