Grandfriends Day: FAQ's
What is Grandfriends Day?
This is a wonderful opportunity for our students to share time with their grandparents and special guests and show them why our school is so special.
Who’s Invited? All CBA grandparents (as indicated on the student/parent profile sheet completed during enrollment) receive a printed invitation and all parents receive an electronic invitation.
Why do I have to RSVP?
All guests who RSVP and provide an email address will receive information in advance to help make the day more enjoyable with their CBA student. To ensure each classroom is prepared to accommodate activities for our guests, your RSVP is appreciated. Please provide the name and email of each grandfriend and parent attending and each guest’s relationship to the CBA student.
What if my student’s grandparent can’t attend?
Grandparents who are unable to attend are encouraged to send a letter or card to CBA for your student to open on Grandfriends Day. Letters should be sent directly to CBA, ATTN: Grandfriends Day, 821 Baker Rd., Virginia Beach, VA 23462.
Can someone other than a grandparent attend with my student? Yes! Many CBA students will have grand “friends” attending this special day. Your student can invite another non-parent (aunt, neighbor, etc.) to attend this special day. If there is someone special who should receive an invitation, please send guest name, email, and mailing address to Kelli James, email@example.com.
Where do I park?
CBA shares a parking lot with our neighbors at Heritage United Methodist Church. Please do not park in spaces that are reserved (by way of signage) for the church or specific individuals. There are many spaces near CBA and the church that are unmarked and available to you for parking! For emergency vehicle access, it is important that cars are not left unattended or parked in the circle in front of CBA.
What is the program of events?
- 7:50 a.m.: Student Drop Off as usual (early drop off available/normal fees apply)
- 8:00 a.m.: Parents and grandfriends gather in the Commons for refreshments, short program and musical performances.
- 8:30 a.m.: Immediately following the program, grandfriends will join their students for classroom demonstrations and shopping at the Scholastic Book Fair.
- 8:30 a.m.: Parents are invited to gather in the Makerspace (2nd Floor) to shop the Scholastic Book Fair and join the Parent Association for coffee and conversation.
- 11-11:45 a.m: Students are released for dismissal as classroom activities end.
- 12:00 p.m.: CBA school and office closed. Extended care will not be offered on Grandfriends Day—all students will be dismissed at noon for Thanksgiving Break, but are free to leave when Grandfriends Day activities end.
Are refreshments provided?
Coffee, tea, juice, fruit and pastries will be served in the Commons at 8:00 a.m. Lunch will be not be provided as all activities will end, and students will be dismissed, by noon.
Guests may be dropped off at the front door of the school to avoid walking in the parking lot however, for safety reasons, please do not leave your car unattended or parked in the circle. Elevator access is available for guests who are visiting middle school and upper school classrooms. All other activities will be held on the main floor. Please make any needed special accommodation requests for your grandfriend as early as possible by contacting Kelli James, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Extended care will not be offered on Grandfriends Day—all students will be dismissed at noon for Thanksgiving Break, but are free to leave when Grandfriends Day activities end. School will resume on Monday, November 27.